A tourist visa is required to enter the Indian territory. After months of negotiations, the Indian Authorities announced in May 2015 the opening of the tourist visa-on-line application for 43 countries of which France.
If you wish to apply, here are the conditions:
- your visit must last less than 30 days
- your tourist visa application must be completed within 30 days maximum and 4 days minimum before your departure date
- your passport must be valid 6 months after your return date and must have 2 consecutive blank pages
- you must be a citizen of one of the 43 authorized countries of which France
- you must have a return ticket or be able to prove you can afford paying your return ticket
- you must land on one of the 9 eligible airports: Delhi, Calcutta, Bombay, Chennai, Kochi, Goa, Trivandrum, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Attention: This tourist visa does not allow you to leave and re-enter India.
Also the Belgian and Swiss Citizens as well as the diplomats cannot benefit from this tourist visa.
If you are entitled to apply, you can proceed on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
This on line application form to be filled is the same. Only the mean of payment differs since you have to do it directly on line. If so you will then receive your tourist visa in your email inbox. Remember to print it and bring it with you to the airport.
Otherwise we invite you to contact directly the Indian Ambassy in your contry.
Imperative : please do not forget to check the expiration date of your passport
It is not risky to travel in India, provided you make sure you prepared your departure with great care and that once in India you follow some hygiene rules such as you must wash your hands regularly, peel any of your vegetables and fruits as well as check the quality of the water you drink. Prevention and precaution are necessary to ensure your visit will be free from any healthcare matters.